Pages

December 16, 2009

True Eyes 4

Past, present, and future are simultaneous in the eyes of one that looks with True Eyes upon the world. Or, rather, because time is an illusion, there is no past, present, or future to arbitrarily separate. Phillip K. Dick, speculative author and mystic, once had a vision of circular time, one in which the Crucifixion is at all points not only an event that is remembered, but also an event that is in our futures. No, I claim the world looks to me as a nested, *single* experience of all sensations. What fantastic things I can experience without the veils of illusion and abstraction weighing me down. I see myself as planning to write this, as having written this, and in the process of writing it. All at once, I experience the difficult autumn of death and decay, along with the spring of youth.

The decay of the spiritual world before the Skotianth is experienced as a single event. Not from blossom to death, but a single experience of the spiritual world in blossom, in death, and in transition. It makes me wonder if I can't reinvent the Skotianth delusions more palatably, so that I can look, one day, to a time when the spiritual realm will be cleansed. Perhaps PKD is right - perhaps time, at least in my already-substantial delusions in the certain time hence when I will be robbed of the True Eyes, is circular. And perhaps what is seen is what is seeing, and that I might conquer the Skotianth, as my ancestors, the Ferrianth, had repeatedly failed to do.

1 comment:

  1. Cool concept. The only reason I wrote any of these is to convince a conspiracy theorist on this forum of a conspiracy I had completely made up. So not great writing. Not even enjoyable. Only reason I'm not deleting it is because I value the historical record.

    ReplyDelete