Pages

September 3, 2013

Ant Then There Were None

I'm trying to get the bad words out of the way so I can write good words. I know it doesn't quite work that way, but I feel like this is more a temporary barrier than a long-term break in the action. Like, have you ever had ants and just said... screw it, there's only like 200. And just kill them all one by one for 400 seconds, just using your fullest understanding of leverage and every limb and every wile in your faculties. Because you're not going to shoo them and kill them later, because they're not going anywhere. And so you kill them, and it's a short-term solution, so maybe worry about some of the systemic changes later, cleaning more often, putting caps on things, and all that, like, later. That's where I'm at with writing. I'm killing the ants. I'm writing the bad words now, so that the good words will come. And once the bad words are killed I'll be more organized about how I kill bad words. But later. Now these are just the ants.

Wow, that metaphor worked really well. I guess I'm cured. And I didn't even need 200 bad words. Heh.

:drops mic:

2 comments:

  1. i've been going through a battle with bad words right now too. it does really feel like the best way to win the battle is to just write, regardless of what exactly comes out.

    ReplyDelete