Pages

December 1, 2012

It's Not That Easy...

Apologies to everyone that has ever lived for this. Credit to Joe Raposo (songwriter of "Bein' Green") and the Muppets. Also: Sorry. Heh.

It's not that easy as RJ.
Having to spend each day on a young-and-dismal team
When I know it would be nicer on the Spurs, or purple and gold
Or someone more competitive... like that.

It's not easy as RJ
It seems you blend in with so many other ordinary wings.
And the rookies tend to pass you over 'cause you're
Not standing out like flashy Barnes from UNC
Or stars like Steph Curry

But RJ's a sharpshooting wing
And RJ can be sweet at slashing
And RJ can dunk like it's no thing, or lead like a king
Now a veteran, he mentors a team

When RJ's all there is to be
It could make you wonder why, but why wonder?
Why wonder? I am RJ and it'll be fine. I am Richard Jefferson.
And I think that's what I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment