Pages

June 20, 2011

Turning this into a Travel blog.

I'm going on vacation today, and so now this will be a travel blog of my trip to Italy and Greece over the next few weeks. I will post...well, not pictures, nor journals. In fact, I think what I'll post are fictionalized basketball vignettes that name check recent events in basketball to which I will add local flavor that really will amount to setting, while seeming to have a different style than normal which will mostly be a product of learning two new languages in a touch-and-go way and internalizing authors that I normally wouldn't set aside much time for. So basically what I'm saying is that I will post more often because I will be on the road a lot and having a lot of new experiences, but what I will post will only tangentially relate to those experiences and have mostly to do with the change in habits associated with long travel periods. I will post inconsistently in time and general quality, not more so than I have in the past, but I will have the excuse of a busy itinerary in case anyone calls me out, and since you don't have my itinerary, any excuse I make will seem at least plausible and even if it seems implausible it will be functionally impossible to doubt.

--Alex

P.S. Posts I've planned:



-Dialectic of Z-Bo and (both) Gasol(s)
-Flannery O'Connor on the grotesque face/free throw form/Christianity of Shawn Marion
-How the 2003 Spurs/Nets and the 2011 Mavericks/Heat are extraordinarily similar in a pure basketball sense.
-Free Darko on why David Stern is actually Danish (and why Jeff Van Gundy is actually Scottish)
-Tolstoy and the 2011 Spurs (short version: RJ = Pierre = Silver Era = Self-refuting realism = Intention over Action = Reason, Duncan = Prince Andrei = Golden Era = Self-affirming Idealism = Action over Intention = Virtue)
-How the Heat are a anarcho-syndicalist Marxist's nightmare (and how to stop it with Objectivist-tinged anarcho-capitalism)
-What Mike Brown means for the narrative of the Lakers, what the Lakers mean for the narrative of Mike Brown (everything, nothing, respectively)
-Why Mark McGwire is like Wilt Chamberlain (both played in Bay Area, both beards that were well-tamed but seemed like wild subversion of convention at the time, both have incredible home run records that will stand the test of time)
-Kelly Dwyer on the top 10 examples of coming correct in the last decade.
-Is the lockout literal?
-Why the pick and roll is obsolete (and why the Mavericks are the last team that will ever employ it)
-Will 2003 LeBron James enter the draft, and should the Cavaliers still draft Kyrie Irving, if so (no)?

2 comments:

  1. sorry for the random non-response lately, i've been hell of busy. well, not really, more like hell of sleeping and hell of throwing up, but you know, one man's trash, etc. i am quite enthralled by your posts and would like to read more. let me down not, such that one may read.

    forever lol,
    nik the bolkers

    ReplyDelete