Pages

October 5, 2009

Tim Duncan Wake Forest Pre-Draft Stress Fugue

I have a gift for writing mellow sounds and subtle words.

Appliances, 2 rooms distant, beat loud at a former command.

It is twilight before dawn but I am overtired and my lights are all on.

The dryer sounds like a war drum now between the washer's signaling maracas.

I know these appliances will eventually see their gift, their utter indispensability, their total right to keep and own the fruits of their labor. I know that one day they will not be satisfied; even attaining a certain arrogance and ambition.

And then I will be there to push them back into a life of function - forever.

Because they are just washers and dryers.

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorite pieces on this entire blog. Note the timestamp, 6:06 AM. This took an hour to write, as the washer and dryer played in the background as I tried to stay awake to capture the clothes.

    ReplyDelete